daniel_mcnulty

How can I bring this kitchen to life?

Daniel McNulty
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
We've moved into a new build. We're happy with the kitchen, but it needs 'bringing to life' a bit. It still has a 'stock' feel about it and I don't think little touches of color here and there will suffice.

According to a picture I found on a site for inspiration, the back and side walls painted really bring it all together (the kitchen in the example pic is the same layout but different color units). The problem is that in the example picture, the units are all white, meaning they have the flexibility to work with what color they want. Whereas ours has white, driftwood and a dark brown top. Getting something on the wall to marry these 3 colors/textures is what I'm stuck on. I want to bring it together without it looking too busy but want to detract from the 'plain' whitewash feeling it has.

I'm thinking tiled wallpaper (square tiles, light cream colors in there but predominantly white)?

Next year at some point we may look into buying a new worktop or some units but, for now, want to work with what we have.

Really appreciate any suggestions.

Comments (28)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.