ghesp

Lighting and Layout idea in the kitchen

ghesp
9 years ago
We're having our house remodelled at the moment, and the main point we are currently planning is the kitchen diner. At the moment, there is an L shaped kitchen, with a dining room next to it.

What we are going to do is to use the smaller part of the kitchen to create a utility, and have a straight run kitchen diner across the back of our house. We've got some kitchen designs done, however they have both come out almost identical.

There is an RSJ which will run across the kitchen where the old dining room wall was. This falls in line with the cooker hood, so I was potentially thinking about maybe making some sort of focal feature from it. I just don't know what.

I'd also like to get the lighting right as well, however I'm struggling for ideas. At the moment, you can see there are just some slapped in spot lights.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.