claudia_luna57

North facing dining room - what colour?

Claudia
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi! I'm struggling to find a warm grey or beige paint for my north facing dining room. The colours I've tested all look cold, murky and uninviting (a few examples: pebble shore, rum caramel, khaki mists from Dulux, and F&B cornforth white and ammonite). I'm planning the colour scheme for all the ground floor using warm greys, and trying to get rid of the current magnolia colour.
As you can see from the pictures, there's only one window and the front wall shows lots of shadows. I've been reading a few articles and they all suggest warm dark colours for this kind of rooms, but I want something light and fresh. There's one wallpaper from Laura Ashley that I liked and in natural light looks lovely (attached). If possible, I'd like to have it as a feature wall (the one with the mirror).
Please, could you advise on a warm colour, either beige or warm grey, to use in a room like this?

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.