julieanndonnelly

Lost! Not sure where to start!

julieanndonnelly
7 years ago
I am after some help. New to this app, recently decided to press ahead with knocking our room through and extending slightly to improve layout of our 60's dormer bungalow which should improve our time home as a family because we will finally have a diner/kitchen/lounge area in one big room.

Problem is how to layout the room, when it's a blank canvas! Been to a couple of kitchen planners and generated couple of ideas (quite similar), however I'm not sure if I should investigate a U shape kitchen, or an L shape island or some kid of peninsular at a right angle, rather than go with the first option of an island in centre of room. I've attached some pics that demonstrate the space, the kitchen plans to date and a mood board of ideas (like idea of an eclectic mix, dark base units, light high units and worktops and perhaps an oak unit of some sort. Also like the L shape island idea to maximise social space. Love the idea of a benched area for the dining table and sofa/Tv a must.

Restricted by the chimney stack that can't be moved, as per the back door to utility. Building work not complete yet so some scope to alter the window next to the patio /bifold style doors, and the door itself if necessary.

Any suggestions/thoughts welcome as don't know where to start but would like a 'wow' factor without a mega expense as budget is not unlimited (unfortunately)... Also not sure I like idea of oven where it is placed for a smell/safety and might be better in the heart of kitchen?

Photos attached - if you think you can give me some things to think about, I would be delighted as stumped. Thanks xx

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.