ajstracey

Advice please! House purchase, extension and renovation

ajstracey
7 years ago

Hi all,

We have just had our offer accepted on a house in Weybridge, Surrey that requires complete renovation, and we are also looking at adding a two story side return. Can the community advise on the first steps we need to take in talking to an architect, builder or interior designer? We are lucky that there is already a blueprint for the works as the next door (semi-detached) property has carried out exactly the works we are looking to complete (from a building perspective).

We understand that we will need an architect to draw up plans for us to apply for planning permission, however - should we speak to a builder first? Should we look for an 'all in one' solution, or hire individual companies for the planning and building works?

This is our first 'project' so please forgive our lack of knowledge!

Thanks,

Alan

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.