richard9374

Water Re-cycling? Grey Water or Rain Water?

We're converting a barn to a home this year and we're looking at cramming in as many eco-friendly and environmentally friendly ideas as we can that add real benefit.

Currently we've been looking at the pros and cons of water re-cycling and we can't make up our minds.

Grey water: Taken just from WHB, baths and showers to supply water for flushing WC's.

Advantages: Small tank required (If you have a shower a day then you generate enough water for the flushing you do in that day.

Disadvantages: Water needs disinfecting.

Rain water: Collected from the roof to supply water for Flushing WC's, for the washing machine and to the garden tap.

Advantages: Clean supply, no disinfecting, can be used for more applications, WC, washing machine and outside tap - garden watering and car cleaning..

Disadvantages: Requires a much larger tank to collect and store the water - only get filled up when it rains.

Finally does the cost justify the return?

Grey water
Rain water
Both
Neither

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.