archeasystem

Before & After: East London Garden Flat

ARCHEA Ltd
7 years ago

The property is a Victorian mid terrace ground floor garden flat near to Clapton Pond. The principle objective was to add additional living accommodation to the rear and side of the property to free up the front reception to add a much needed second bedroom.

Before:

Cricketfield Road, London E5 · More Info

The extended kitchen and living area has been configured to provide distinct zones for the kitchen, dining area and living space. Views and access to the rear garden are significantly improved and daylight is brought into the deepest part of the plan with large rooflights and patio doors at either end. A courtyard between the rear bedroom, hallway and new kitchen is formed in order to bring additional light and ventilation into all 3 spaces.

After:

7. Adapted IKEA kitchen · More Info

A simple palette of materials and standard products are used throughout, in combination with a few reclaimed and less standard items, to to provide a simple yet eclectic modern aesthetic.

8. Original external wall · More Info

6. Dining · More Info

3. Library · More Info

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.