comeonki

Garden ideas please!

Ki
7 years ago

We bought our house 18 months ago and as summer is approaching (hopefully!) I really want to start working on our garden. I have so many ideas but I am struggling to formulate them into a whole concept. We don't have a budget per se, as we'll be doing the work as and when we have time/money.

Our garden is about 45 foot long and 16 foot wide, with the back of our house one end the back of the garage at the other. From the back of the house there is a patio, then grass, followed by a decked area. The garden is South East facing, but due to the height of our terrace of houses, the sunlight is lost quickly in the evening and the last point of sunlight is at the back LHS corner of the garden.

Ideally I want to keep the decking (it's in good condition and will save money) but I'm happy to get rid of most of the grass (would like to keep some/re-turf an area for resale potential to families) and patio if necessary. As it is a long garden I want to break up the rectangular proportions it is currently divided into and would love to screen off the back of the garden a bit but without compromising the sunlight (the terrace comprises of 3 story townhouses so the garden is quite overlooked).

I love the idea of multiple seating areas-one to dine with family/friends and a few dotted around for just me and the SO to enjoy the garden. I don't want/need a shed or storage area but would like a designated BBQ area (gas or coal).

In a nutshell, main things are:

Friends/Family dining area

2 other seating areas for me and SO

BBQ area (built in or free standing)

Reduce lawn area

Please help :) Many thanks in advance.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.