evelyn_zhang53

Crittall glass screen or double door?

Sunny Day
6 years ago
Hi, we are planning to reconfigure the downstairs layout of our terrace house. We are moving the kitchen from the middle of the house to the front (the current kitchen will become a dining room). Also we try to address the issue that the middle room appears dark and a bit claustrophobic at the moment by opening up the space as much as can.

After taking fire regulation into consideration (3 storey terrance house that needs protected stairway) we come
up with two options at the moment (see current floorplan and 3D visualisation of two options attached)

- Option A: put in place a fire rated double pocket door
- Option B: replace wall partially up to door frame level with a fire rated Crittall glass screen and one single fire rated pocket door

We are really torn between the two options so all thoughts/advices are welcome. We like The idea of Crittall but then Option A is a cheaper option than B by about 4k which is substantial. The combined kitchen dining space is 7.7m x 2.9m so not very wide.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.