shanikamehta

aluminium sash windows

Shan M
5 years ago
Hi

I have just bought a 3 bed Victorian terraced house that needs complete renovation (including 3m ground floor extension and loft conversion).

I want to replace all the windows (currently awful stained pvc windows). I would love sash windows as they would fit the character of the house but timber is too expensive and not energy efficient.

Aluminium tops uPVc in performance and durability. But I haven’t seen many aluminium sash windows. Would people advise for or against aluminium sash windows.

Also has Anybody been to any showrooms around London (preferably east) or Essex which have these.

Finally do people advise maybe doing sash at the front of the house and maybe just regular aluminium windows at the back. To save money. Or will that look odd. The ground floor extension will have black aluminium bifolding doors across the full width.

Thanks!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.