rebecca_hall3076

any ideas for mezzanine / play room / office space? Please????

Rebecca Hall
6 years ago

hi everyone!

I have a great mezzanine space which is the landing between my kids' bedrooms (they are 9 and 7)

. I have just spent 5 hours tidying the damn thing up and realise that I need cupboards or shelves to put their stuff away. At the moment I have two of the Ikea Kallax shelves thingies and a bookshelf (from Ikea bargain corner also). In fact everything is Ikea, which I don't have a problem with but I find

myself trying to work round the old furniture whereas I think I should be considering getting rid of them and finding something more functional. Also in this space, I would like to put a desk and some storage for me (I'm a teacher so have a million books and pieces of paper all over the place - currently working on the dining table... needless to say I don't get much done!)

Can anyone help me design this space (possibly cupboards to hide stuff?) The radiator is in a stupid position so I am prepared to remove it (it's hanging off the wall anyway).

thanks in advance

Rebecca

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.