emmaoke

Garden design ideas needed

Cakelady
8 years ago
I'm currently having an extension built and then want to sort out my badly neglected garden. I feel is awkward as it is wide but narrow. It is approximately 8m deep x 72m wide. I've uploaded the plan of the back of our house and the garden. The kitchen/family room extension is being built where the trampoline is in the photo. The extension is 5.5m wide and leaves about 4m to the boundary. I was thinking of putting the tramloline and a shed in that area. Half of the garden gets sun the other half is shaded by the house. If stood in the garden with my back to the house the sun rises to the right and sets round the left side of the garden shinning across the whole of the back half of the garden. We love having people round for bbq's but also need space for my 11 year old to play football. I want to put a decked area outside the bifold doors (although it won't get much sun, possibly none) so I was therefore thinking of having a patio area towards the back of the garden somewhere as that has sun most of the day. I'd like an area for growing veg near the back door (far right of plan) although it only gets sun from late afternoon. I'd also love a tiki bar somewhere. I love plants and like gardening but don't get a lot of time so it needs to be easy to keep. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.