mv5869

My raised terrace or balcony dilemma. Connecting house to the garden

mv5869
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am struggling to decide, so would love some help from the kind people of Houzz.

Last year we moved in to out first proper house. We love it, but one downside is that the house is raised above the garden so there is no way to get to the patio apart from out by going down a side passage, or down steep stairs from the kitchen/dining room.

We'd love to construct a raised deck that we could use for breakfast and evening drinks, and would also allow us to get to the garden from the kitchen/dining room.

This is a picture of the back of the house:

And close up:

I was thinking to replace the steps there, with either decking (a bit like this):

or, my preference, a properly constructed raised patio that would be like part of the house. Something a little like this:

Or maybe do nothing and just replace the existing patio.

What do you think?

What would you do?

Thanks for any opinions & ideas!

Comments (42)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.