kendoerr

Long, dark bedroom hallway makeover.

Ken Doerr
I am ready to tackle the renovation of a 52 foot long hallway that serves the bedrooms and main bathroom. There is one refectory window near one end, facing west, and that's it for natural light, unless some of the doors are open. I don't need any furniture in their but it could have some for effect.

I can't fit skylights due to the roof geometry (It's a very old building converted) or any more windows, but I can remove all the wooden beams and make a clean, flat ceiling.

I am thinking of breaking up the length by fitting a curtain, tied back, halfway (This would serve to separate the last two bedrooms that need access to the main bathroom). Also, I like the idea of LED cove lighting, which I have used elsewhere, to substitute for daylight.

What I would really like though, is any help on other tricks and ideas that could make the place look 'permanently' brighter, less of a long hike end to end and what carpets/colours etc. to go for. There are so many lighting options but what would be most effective?

Thanks, Ken