tresstine

Need help in designing a kitchen which is in front of house

tresstine
9 years ago
This room in an 18th Century house should be a library but it must be a kitchen! The dining room is just across the hallway which is most convenient. The original kitchen is some distance away, now a large utility room. The new kitchen is to replace one put in in 1970s.
A pantry across the corner is my preferred choice or somewhere. Scrabbling about in the backs of cupboards is what I want to avoid in future. Also my saucepans+lids are in a big drawer below hob. which was thought to be a good idea by kitchen supplier at the time but hanging up somewhere by the handle seems better idea now. Behind pantry doors perhaps. I am trying so hard to get away from kitchen designs which are meant for that room "out the back" or farmhouse or mod.minimalist. My original floor is fumed oak and very much bored by ancient insects. I have to think of something else. Hall floor is large limestone slabs. Not practical if pipes are laid in space under. However I have thought of an open grid where pipes occur. A wood floor is probably the best option. The dining room is quite grand and I'm trying to think of something liveable in, comfortable but toned down grand for the kitchen!

Comments (27)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.