joanakiyama

Home Plans

joanakiyama
28 July, 2014
We love the modern homes you have on the Houzz site; do you do only custom work, or do you sell plans? My husband and I are planning on a low maintenance home for a narrow city lot with a rooftop deck to maximize our limited view of the Rockies.
Rosenthal Residence · More Info

Dean Nota Architect
    Hello Joan: The houses that you see on my profile are site and client specific. Good residential design results from a synthesis of client needs with site opportunities and challenges (including zoning and design review), in a mutual, client - architect quest for a unique architectural statement. Generic plans for sale cannot give you this level of design, especially on a "narrow city lot".
  • Ridaa Murad
    Hi:

I bought a house on the canals. Lot size 30'x95' (2850 sq. ft).
    Coastal Commission comes into play as right on canal and the Venice Canals are a Historic Preservation Area. So, no build inside of 10' of property line on canal facing side. 22' height restriction at that 10' mark followed by an additional feet height every two feet of setback from the original 10' up to a maximum of 30' height with 42" for roof ceilings, railings and max 35' for chimney stacks. 15x30' = 450 sq. ft. has to be left completely open with NO development at some portion of the property preferably front canal facing end. 2 car garage and a third car inside property line on alleyway has to be allowed for. I this max build limit is 3,750 sq. ft on FAR allowance.
    Would this plan work? I think it should, but would love to chat!

Ridaa