richtraff

What colour cabinets go with wooden worktops?md

Richard Trafford
9 years ago
I'm designing my kitchen (again). I had several ideas involving different colour worktops and cabinets until I realised how expensive renovating a home is; now I have to stick with solid wood worktops.

-Granite & quartz are too expensive for me atm.
-Acrylic seems almost as expensive but way worse.
-Really don't like laminate

I like solid oak worktops, but they are often teamed up with cream shaker cabinets. Don't get me wrong, I think this looks good, it's just I want something different other than cream.
I also see lots and lots of colour combinations I like - particularly grey/blacks and whites. Also more colourful options like blues and greens. Trouble is these are often with marble worktops or similar. I rarely see examples of them with wood.

I'm thinking of mixing up the colours - different wall units to the base or maybe just have the island a different colour.

Also, just for you to picture the scene: I live in the UK, in a country village. I'm also 28. So I'm trying to create a country/vintage/modern look. Yeh, I know, complicated. Feel free to help and through in some colour combinations/photos/ideas my way!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.