mawlw

Need some ideas for a very small office

mawlw
9 years ago
I have a very small office in an old Victorian terrace (in the UK). It's south/south east facing, and is fairly bright. I am a web developer and as such spend a lot of time sat at a computer working, and therefore need to make this space very usable and a pleasant place to be.

The room isn't exactly square (attempted floor plan attached!). Wall with the window is approx 2.6m, wall with door approx 2.1m, length approx 2.5m, ceiling height is 2.5m.

I want the room to remain light and bright, put would not be averse to a splash of colour. I have a few bits that i can use in the room, a few Artemide Tolomeo lights, Muuto E27 pendents and Vitra Eames DSRs. I need a good amount of desk space (have a 27inch iMac and various other pieces). I also need some storage, though not excessive amounts.

Unfortunately i think the carpet will need to remain as the floor isn't very level, and wood flooring will be difficult to fit without attempting to level the floor (expensive).

Can anyone help out with some ideas? I have a few already, but will hold them back a little to see whether anyone has something better!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.