jackydahlhaus

What seating arrangement for our living room?

jackydahlhaus
6 years ago
Hi Everybody,
We recently bought this lovely old Victorian property and will be renovating for the next foreseeable future. I have more or less everything worked out (with a lot of ideas from Houzz!), but I am stuck regarding the seating arrangement for our living room. As you can see from the photos it is a rather narrow room (it is basically 4mx4m). Each wall has a feature that sort of prevents seating. One wall has the (off centre) fireplace, one wall has the only window in the room (with breathtaking view) and the third wall has the entrance door. The room used to be 'the front room', but the previous owners have broken down the wall to the back room to make it one large room. The back part of the room is going to be used as a library though (with all walls covered in bookshelves), so that area will not be available for seating. We want to put a tv/mirror above the fireplace, so those two and the window are the focal points of the room (we are frequent movie watchers). The door makes it a bit awkward as you can't really put a three-seater next to it (a two-seater and chair are squashed in at the moment). The couches and chair are way too big for the whole room, so they have to go, but to replace with what? The white Ikea furniture is also going, as well as the carpet (which is going to be replaced with recycled mahogany parquetry). Any ideas are welcome!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.