chris_wilton

Open Plan Layout and Kitchen Ideas

Chris Wilton
9 years ago
I'm looking for some feedback or suggestions on my proposed plans if anyone fancies helping me out?!

We're in the first stages of trying to redesign the downstairs of our house and are going to go ahead and get a large extension (8x12m) put on the rear of the property, removing the conservatory in the process. We recently visited a friend's house who's also had a large extension put on and their kitchen / lounge / diner felt a bit like an aircraft hanger as there was way too much dead space and it wasn't well 'zoned'.

We'd like to have the kitchen near to the open corner as we have a nice view into the garden and it will also be close to our outdoor eating area. I'd quite like to move the kitchen much closer to the doors but am not sure about it not being 'attached' to a wall.

The location of the existing utility and study could be swapped (which would make more sense as the staircase in the study is likely to go. Other things are that we have a working log burner in the existing lounge which we'd quite like to keep being used (doesn't need to be in the same room or facing the same way). Eventually the large part of the garage will be converted into a games room.

Any thoughts on the kitchen layout or how best to utilise the space in the top left of the design?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.