clairemdew

Help to furnish tiny master bedroom

clairemdew
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
We have 2 double bedrooms that are pretty much identical in size - 200cm wide by 370cm deep. The placement of the window, to one side of the back wall of each bedroom, makes the rooms even more awkward. The rooms are at the side of the house and are overlooked by the house next door; they get little natural light.

We can fit a double bed longways (head to foot) under the window, but then one of us has to climb over the other to get in, as there is no room to walk around the bed, so that's no good. At the moment, we have a bed in one room and are using the other room as a dressing room, as we cannot work out where to place any more furniture/ what furniture to use in the main room. However, we would like to be able to sleep and dress in one room and use the other room as a spare room where guests can stay.

This is our double bed: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk/wooden-beds/low-beds/floating-platform-wooden-bed-frame in chocolate; it is new and we would like to work with it in the room. The walls were recently painted jasmine white (Dulux) so we would like them to stay. We also have a new, light beige/ cream carpet. The door is the original and has been stripped and varnished to show the original bare wood.

The space behind the door is just over 100cm wide, from the door to the wall. We can fit an Ikea Pax wardrobe behind there (we have a 100cm wide white wardrobe and a 50cm one in the spare room) but removed it as it looked very boxy and too big. At the moment we have a comfy chair there but this needs to go. We also have 150cm to work with at the foot of the bed, along the wall where the pictures are, but again, found the Pax wardrobes overtook the whole room, so not sure if an open unit would be better? Any suggestions on furniture or decor very welcome!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.