ukandy

Help need in the Bedroon

ukandy
9 years ago
Hi All,

Recently separated, I'd like to re-vamp my life, starting with the bedroom.

As it currently is, the bedroom is painted in Pale Duck Egg Blue, with a white ceiling. The carpet is a pale Almond Brown colour, something similar to this : http://carpetshop.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/noble-saxony-colours1.jpg?w=1041

The bed is a hand-made one, with Gothic arches -

Apart from an older piece, all the bedroom furniture is 'functional' - a pale beech colour.

The bedroom measures 12ft by 12 ft, with a separate dressing area (8ft by 3ft 6inches) -

Basically, it is a blank canvas. I'd prefer to keep the carpet, as changing it, would represent a significant financial strain on my pockets. I'm perfectly content, to work on this 'piecemeal', but I need in my mind, the end result that I want to achieve. I realise that the possibility exists :), that my existing bed, bedding & furniture is highly undesirable - I really don't mind, if you laugh at my dreadful taste, but I'd appreciate it, if you can suggest something more suitable. I'm perfectly happy, to save up and get a new bed, bedding and furniture. I'd appreciate ideas on paint colour(s), bed & furniture style and bedding/duvet style.

A few caveats; I much prefer paint, rather than wallpaper and I like a white ceiling. I welcome your ideas, on what colour walls, style of bed & bedding; and bedroom furniture. I'm not really one for 'bold' colours - in the past, I've tended to prefer pale colours.

Like many (most ?) males, I've little idea of fashion 'do's' & 'don'ts'; should I have a metal bed/furniture ? or should it wood . . . and what style ? Bedding - are tiger stripe duvets still in fashion ? :).

When finished, I'd like the room to have a cohesive look to it, rather than a mix of styles; I want it to look 'uncluttered'.

Whilst the end result is going to be for me, I don't want a bedroom that shouts 'single male - with no idea' and with awful design skills {even if it is true} :). Something that causes any lady who may see it, to shake their head in despair.

The end result that I'm looking for, is a 'trendy'/'contemporary' bedroom that is (ahem !) welcoming and stylish.

If anyone can advise this hopeless male, I'd much appreciate it.

Thank you !

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.