monidda

I know this CAN be a fabulous room ... I just lost my way a little

Monica
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hello friendly Houzz ers :)
A month ago we moved into this new place that needs a total overhaul. I just finished our bedroom and is time to tackle the living room and our dining room.
What I need help with is

Walls colour and trim first of all, I am in the UK so won't have the option of using a lot of the US companies but I love Farrow and Ball paints.
The room is east facing and I am thinking of a greeny blue gray or a warm white?

The plans for this room

Flooring will be reclaimed oak Hungarian point laid parquet ( not for a while though as it needs restoring and it's going to be a mammoth task), for now I will enjoy my multicoloured patterned carpet yuck !!!

I would like to line the alcoves in distressed mirror and have some built in units with one of them housing the TV ( I would like it on a motorised system to hide away when not in use). Ideas on some wall lights for these alcoves would also be very welcomed.

We are having a fire stone surround made by a stone mason and will pop a wood burning stove inside it . I would like to pick your brains regarding the best height for this.

I feel I need more pattern and the current cushion situation makes me twitchy as is just a bit meh ( we had this furniture in two rooms before so trying to make it all work in here)

Horror moulding on the ceiling is going this week lights are staying unless you guys think they are wrong.

I have two butler's tables that I plan to use either side of the white sofa with the small round brass table being used for the armchair currently with no table/next to dining room (using one of the butlers table somewhere else for a little bit longer)

I would love some BIG gourd lamps as my glass ones look lost here but I can't locate them easily in the UK. I am taking a trip to Orlando next January so maybe I could bring them back with me.

Anything else is up for the debate, what do you think? Im I heading the wrong way? I feel I just lost my way a little
Any help and criticism gladly received, I want to get it right so I am not afraid of having your honest opinions.
Many thanks

Comments (660)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.