victay2

Could I set back my cooker into the chimney breast?

Vicky taylor
9 years ago
Hi I wonder if anyone has any advice? We moved into a converted chapel last year and the kitchen, although we like it with its tall windows and shiny granite work tops, there are things we feel could have been done better. I know the developer went over budget and think he was keen to just get it finished and move on. In an ideal world I'd like to open up the old fireplace to centrally recess the cooker and build an extractor above. I have seen kitchens on here that look like solutions - I have attached a pic to describe. I know it would probably involve having to get extra granite cut, (and some chopped off) but I don't know about how problematic doing the structural alterations would be. Is there anyone who has done something similar?

There's a fair bit of dead space in at the back of the base corner unit at the moment as you can see from the attached photo. Being quite short, this doesn't help me accessing the above units! Also, with only a 30cm door corner unit, it's quite a battle putting the dishes away. To cut out that extra deep worktop would mean I would gain 30cm of door width, enabling me to have a standard 60x120 corner cupboard with those fantastic swing out stomach mechanisms.

Sorry if I have just given you brain ache with my kitchen woes and measurements, I'm just hoping to benefit from someone's experience if possible, so thanks for reading!

Vicky x

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.