divaluxe13

Open plan living-blank canvas. Colour + warmth needed!

divaluxe13
9 years ago
Hi Houzzers,

I'm a long time fan/stalker of Houzz and I could really do with your help.

We moved into our new house nearly five months ago and it's still cold and sterile. Everything was painted white and as you can see, we have a white leather sofa, white kitchen, white tiles, white dining chairs and white pendant lights!! That's why it's cold and sterile lol I desperately want to add some colour, personality, warmth and style. That's where I need your help.

Is it necessary to continue the same colour through the family room, kitchen and dining room?

I can't decide on a colour scheme and therefore am open to ideas. Don't know whether to go for a mix of bright colours or a definite colour scheme. Initially I was thinking navy, turquoise and gold but maybe navy would close the space down. The rest of my house is pretty neutral and muted. Any suggestions?

At the minute, I have some temporary yellow and turquoise cushions on the sofa but want to replace them ASAP. My roman blinds are like a duck egg blue colour so I think I may have restricted myself there?

I need to buy curtains, a rug, a low hanging light (from the high ceiling), cushions, some art work (for over the sofa) and some decorative items.

I bought a sheepskin throw y'day to try and add some warmth and texture and I think I'll buy a knitted pouffeé too.

Anyone have any suggestions to colour schemes, inspiration pix or ideas as to whether I should have a dramatic lighting fixture, or focal rug/artwork/curtains?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you for reading :)

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.