hzdeleted_18750385

Help with the design of my small 1 bed Victorian in London

User
9 years ago
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice to share with designing new layouts of Victorian flats? I've recently just purchased a lovely little 1 bed victorian. It's not a complete basket case but everything needs updating so it makes sense to do it all at once, I think. It's ex-council so it doesn't have a fitted kitchen, nice bathroom etc.. It's a ground floor with a garden so it has lots of potential but I'm not a fan of the current layout.

At the moment the lounge is in the front, with a hall way connecting the bedroom (behind the lounge) leading the the Kitchen and bathroom at the back of the flat which is an extension on the original house. (see attached floor plan)

I was wondering/ thinking it would be better to move the Kitchen to where the bedroom is, knock that wall down and make the lounge and kitchen open plan. I'm sure the current wall isn't a supporting wall. Then move the bathroom (small) to the where the kitchen is and put the bedroom at the back of the house.

I was wondering if anyone could share thoughts on if this would be a good design idea? It would be lovely to open the place up and restore some period features etc..

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.