jocave

Need help on blinds - in or out of the recess?

JC
9 years ago
I want to put roman blinds in a room which will be a study/extra bedroom. I have chosen the jane churchill plato charcoal fabric which has a black background and intend to put in two chair beds in the burnt orange colour that's in the fabric design. There will be two blinds and I would ideally like to put them within the recess so it looks neater and there is not too much black....but then the fabric will partly hide the top of the lovely arches (see picture). In the picture the box at the top will be going and currently sits on top of the window frame. The distance from the top of the recess to the top of the arch is only 5 inches - the box makes it look more. Would you go with losing part of the arch or put the blinds on the outside. I am rather wedded to the fabric!! Appreciate anyone's views.
Thanks

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.