mishmashe

Help with living room colour scheme

mishmashe
9 years ago
I'm not very good at imagining a finished room so need some help with my tiny living room please! I'm liking yellow and grey as a colour scheme (maybe with purple accents?). It's quite a small room, about 11' x 14'. West facing and fairly bright especially in the afternoon. The overall feel I want for the room is warm, cheery, pretty, and inviting. I also don't want anything too boring but equally I'm scared to go for anything too bold.

It's a blank canvas at the moment, the only thing staying is a sofa (which is bright red leather, but I will be completely covering it in a natural/beigey throw).

I like these 2 yellow wallpapers for a feature wall (top right is G P & J Baker Ryecote Damask, bottom left is Cole & Son Tivoli) - I think the Cole & Son is my favourite. It's a mustard yellow with grey. I want the other 3 walls to be grey, maybe one of the 2 samples in my picture (top left is Laura Ashley Cobblestone, bottom right is Laura Ashley Twine, which is more greige) - or should I colour match the grey of the wallpaper?

I'm also considering the Ikea Hemnes furniture in grey-brown - do you think the colours will go together? Would also like an ottoman and rug - what colours would you go for? Thanks if anyone can help!

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.