littledivajj

wall colour and sofa choice and everything else. help!

Jennie Mcminn
9 years ago
hi fellow houzzers. I'm usually very confident making choices but am struggling and need advice. ive lost my vision for this room. its open plan and is a work in progress. we have a walnut herringbone floor with tartan carpet in the centre to make the living space feel cosy when chilling once kids are in bed. I've dark grey fabric for curtains thinking of being made with silver tassels with a triple pleat top. we are getting the iggy sofa hopefully from sofa.com in elephant grey velvet. not ordered yet so advice on that is welcomed. I have lots of light coming from 4 sets of french doors so would love to go for dark grey walls. is this all too much? the carpet is a feature as is heavily patterned so feel that everything else should be plain but sumptuous. I've included pictures of sample paint on our walls in this room. we are at the very beginning of this project so please forgive the novice quality of pictures. furniture etc in the room is temporary so all advice welcomed. basically I think I'm regretting the carpet choice and it's not an option to change it. eek. have left wires for 5 wall lights and will have a chandelier over each island. thanks in advance.

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.