rickster88

Pantry shelving

rickster88
9 years ago
Hi all,

I need some advice with pantry shelving. When we renovated our space we ask the builders to use adjustable open shelving. They provided us with a racking system as in this video (someone else posted this video but I thought a video depicts how the system works better). After a year and a bit the shelves couldn't hold the weight and the racks on the wall started coming off the wall.

I like this racking system because it suits us. We use it as a utility room to keep towels, dried food, fruits, recyclable items, ladders, some household items and appliances. With this racking system we keep the bulky and heavy stuff at the bottom whilst all the food stuff on the top shelves as well as maintain as much storage space since it is not restricted by the vertical beams that most storage ideas use.

I'm wondering is it that this racking system that is unable to hold the weight we are putting on it or is it poor workmanship. I can't tell if anchors were used in the brick wall for this.

I weighed up the weight of all the stuff we put on one shelf and it is below 80 kg.
Does anyone have experience in adjustable open shelves for use in the pantry? Thanks

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.