jackie_bourne

Colour (painted) woodwork - yes or no?

Jackie Bourne
9 years ago
Our house was built in 2002 but for some reason the builders thought it would be a good idea to have traditional features. We have regency panelled doors, traditional spindle banisters and fancy coving... They are all painted white gloss and yellowing. A friend suggested I paint them a colour - maybe a soft grey for the doors and architraves and then a darker grey for the banisters. My friend has done this in her house but it's more of a traditional colour and feel... If I choose the right colour do you think this would lend a modern feel? Or is it the wrong thing to do?

Any tips on what colours to avoid? I don't want it to look 'regency'... I want to update it! Or has anyone done this and has picture of their success?

Thank you all.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.