jeniminx

To paint or not to paint is the question -fireplace wall!

jeniminx
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hey guys, first time posting on here! :-/ We have just moved into a house built in 1904 with some great fireplaces. The whole house needs redecorating as it was a rental for many years and everything is beige or yellow! One project is my main bedroom. I've decided to put traditional fitted wardrobes either side of the fireplace to help with storage (in white), we're having white shutters fitted on the bay window. The room will be f & b cornforth White below the picture rail and white above/on ceiling. I'm going to repaint the gorgeous fireplace too. I'm going for a calm fresh grey/white type room, it gets a lot of light. My bedding/headboard have accents of grey also. I've yet to decide on carpet colour. So re the chimney breast wall (small as it is) around the fireplace. Do I go for a darker grey (the sample on the pic is f & b Manor House) or do I do it cornforth white too? Part of me thinks it would be nice to repaint the fireplace white and use a darker grey on the breast to almost frame it? Any advice gratefully appreciated as I'm not very artistic/good at this type of thing!! Jenny

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.