webuser_880504042

1950s plain front house help!

HU-880504042
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all,

We are currently mid-build for a wrap-around extension and could really do with some help and advice as to what to do to give our home better kerb appeal. We love the interior and have tried to stay true to the mid-century vibe of the house, but the exterior is really proving difficult to beautify!

The new single-story extension will be visible on the right hand side, coming up over the drive (garage already demolished) and will have a garage-style door on it. It will have a flat roof and the builder is planning on doing it in white render.

Does anyone have any ideas of anything we could do to make the extension feel a little less 'stuck on'? We wondered about painting/rendering the bottom half of the rest of the house, but we're not entirely convinced that that won't look utterly ridiculous! Also wondered about adding some sort of a porch, since the house is completely flat fronted.

Also, any suggestions as to how to sort the front garden/ add another parking space would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.