e11ie

I don't how to finish my bathroom

Luciana
11 years ago
Hi all,

I'd love if you'd be able to share a couple of ideas to help me.
I don't how to finish my bathroom. I feel I've made a bit of a mess improvising as we went along instead of having a clear plan from the beginning. I'm panicking now, as the carpenter is starting a new job soon and I don't know what to tell him to build.

As you can see in the photos, I've had a large shelf built around the bath. My initial plan was to put shelves up in the alcove, but I'm not sure that's the best use of the space. Now I'm thinking that a couple of slim horizontal wall cabinets would be better for towels than open shelves. What do you think?

Also, I have an issue with the partition wall vs fireplace hole. I initially agreed (and now regret it) to have a partition wall to hide the toilet. Now I feel it makes the space look smaller, but it has to stay due to the tiling and anchoring. However, the fireplace hole is two thirds obscured by the partition and doesn't have a big effect on the space; also having big candles or other accessories so close to the toilet bowl.... feels like a forced improvisation. Maybe get a big basket (fill with toilet rolls, sigh...) could be an idea. Or to build a cabinet inside... I don't know.

My third problem is the size of the mirror. Shall I make it as wide as the sink and covering the whole length of the wall or have a narrow strip above it? I plan on having some big prints on the other walls.

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any ideas - now that it's almost finished, I can't seem to get a clear picture of what I want out of the place.

Many thanks,
Luciana

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.