izzytong

Plaid sofa need help with styling my living room!

izzytong
9 years ago
Hi all, we have recently refurbished our house and there was a lot of design decision to make... (overwhelming). The living room is the last thing left and I really want to get it right. We have purchased two sofas from sofa.com (love them!), my problem is that one is plaid (husbands choice which I have irresponsibly agreed to)! I just cant get my head around getting the right finishing touches. The room is quite bright with big window, we have lovely simple coving and pale grey colour on the wall and oak wood floor. we already have some Ikea Hemnes furniture in black/brown, but I wanted to paint them with Annie Sloane paint (old white or old white mixed with a bit of French grey, I haven't done it yet so suggestions are welcomed). love our black and white photography which I want to reuse... they are all in black frames :(...
So we have wood floor, pale french grey on the wall, 2 sofas as pictured, dark grey velvet cushions to go on the ivory/beige sofa to tie it together with the other one and black frames on the walls. I would need help with a rug and curtains and furniture colour and finishing touches:) I know! not much to ask:)I like a modern traditional style I would say:) any help is appreciated as I am losing sleep over it now...

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.