0
Your shopping basket is empty.

POLL: What's the colour of your front door?

Emmeline Westin
28 January, 2015
The colour of your front door can have a real impact on your guests, just think about what the blue door in the Notting Hill film did for Hugh Grant!

What colour have you opted for? Photos are encouraged!
Black
Blue
Red
White
Grey
Yellow
Wood
Other - tell us which one!
  • Tom Flanagan
    Bright purple (my landlady's choice)! Makes quite the impression.
  • alant1000
    I've got a standard white Yale PVC door, although it's new and looks fairly smart with a chrome lion door knocker.

It's a shame really as I see some beautiful front doors and due to the dull generic nature of the building and all my neighbours also having plain white PVC (I'm in a terrace row) I sort of bottled it and opted for a plain conservative look.
  • Sarah Alcroft
    Mine's grey, but I'm thinking of going a bit brighter this summer
  • Georgie Akin-Smith
    It's got to be blue - not as harsh as black but still elegant
  • Luciana
    My favourite colour - purple!
  • Claire Lofthouse
    My door is narrower than standard but I had a white upvc door with dated half glass panel with flowers that I hated. Quotes for a new made i measure wooden door were eye watering so I bought a new upvc panel insert with fancy knocker and got a man who usually sprays industrial containers to spray the whole thing black. Now very snazzy and matches my victorian house at under £600
  • Jossyc
    I've opted for a calming green for the cottage feel
  • Andy Gilroy
    It's a 1930s door with beautfiul stained glass - black externally, wood internally
  • alexhone
    Lime grass green doors I love at the moment!
  • laird_carol
    Studies show that a home with a yellow front door sells faster than other colours. Mine's yellow simply because it's my favorite colour.
  • aghomeworks
    Soft blue/grey
  • cosmic hero
    Dark green - spent ages trying to find a colour similar to all the beautiful doors in Leiden, The Netherlands
  • soozmacrae
    White is classy. lol. Although I saw a door the other day painted a beautiful sea green/grey colour. Almost knocked and asked what colour it was and where they got it from.
  • Madi Tricker
    A. Nice forest green.
  • paulineelawson
    Mine's black. Not a colour I would have chosen. However, it is growing on me. It came with the house built a year ago. Perhaps in 2 or 3 years we'll paint it. Although that would mean painting the garage doors as well.
  • Gerry Rust
    Mine is black but the house is due to be repainted this spring so I might go for dark grey next time. I'm a bit limited as I live in a conservation area and can't make any radical changes. I've already changed the canopy over the door to a black metal Georgian style one as I was sick of repairing the original after totally unsuitable vehicles hit it trying to squeeze down the street. I was half expecting a complaint but it's quite in keeping and a lot cheaper to replace so unless they make it a no through road or compensate me for all the damage it's staying!
  • twin4anna
    Green/grey
  • mogsmum
    Had a gorgeous racing green for at our previous house, going for black to match the garage now we've moved :( there's a lot going on at the front of the house so another green door sadly wouldn't work.
    Julie Sheldon
    Mine is antique Ivory with with two arched glass panels on the top half and dark pewter nearly black door knocker and letter box.
    Coastal Group
    Thanks Emmeline for featuring our red beauty
    Door Ideas · More Info

One of my favourites
  • Emmeline Westin
    It's very pretty @coastal group and has had plenty of votes, too!
    Icon Wall Stickers
    I love wood doors but unfortunately mine's white!
  • Emmeline Westin
    Well, black and white are the most popular colours so that's not a bad thing, Icon Wall Stickers!
  • Fred Wonder

British Racing Green!

• Najeebah
    wood with brass
  • southernpointofview

A greenish-gray for the piazza entrance and an off- white for the main entrance.

• bevc
    Purple.
    Synseal Group
    Chats worth blue
    Synseal Group
    French sage
    Jack Badger Ltd

I find my clients prefer the traditional wooden look.

Carpentry · More Info

Synseal Group

7016 gray is the current vogue colour