samantha_parrish

Help with tiny downstairs cloakroom

Samantha
9 years ago
Hi all. I'm in the process of redesigning my downstairs toilet. It's tiny only 1.01m x 1.505m and the ceiling is only 2.1m. Plus point with its little west facing window it gets good light.

We currently only have a toilet in there, which I would like to replace with a wall hung type with the cistern in a cabinet plus if I can find it a 150ml cabinet either side. The question is what to do about a sink.

We don't currently have a sink in there. The only place I could fit it is in the gap just beside the door as you go in. It's only 240ml deep though. I think I can get a sink small enough. What do you think should I add a sink (there will be a sink in the utility a few steps from the loo). If I do, do I just have a very simple wall hung sink or should I go with a low profile cabinet below it?

The second question is Walls. The floor will be tiled, with the same tiles as the kitchen and utility. What I can't decide is whether to paint the walls or tile them.

Any suggestions great fully received.

I've attached a couple of photos of the loo. Please excuse the mess it currently serves as hides hole for dog food and bins and other items. All will find new homes.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.