pholligan

Paul Holligan
13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
How do I design a large kitchen/dining/living space?
Hi All,

I’m just completing an extension and renovation of a 1930’s property and am trying to plan an open plan kitchen/diner/play room. There is a separate living/snug area but as we anticipate spending a lot of family time in the open plan area we want to make it as versatile as possible. In the plan I have uploaded I have shown a kitchen location etc but this is just to show what I’m trying to get in.

There is a fire place which I thought would be perfect for a range cooker and this also meant the seating area would be towards the lighter end of the room and the garden which the bifold doors open on to. My dilemma is more surrounding the dining and seating area where we would like a television. Video distribution can be installed to any location and a wall mounted flat screen would be preferable, but where to put it?!

We would also like a dining table which could seat 10-12 for larger family occasions but this would be extendable and seat 6-8 under normal circumstances.

The area will be a place to cook, eat, entertain and play with kids etc, a real lived in space! I can’t picture what would work best though. I believe we have the size to achieve what we’re after but don’t have the vision at the moment……any help would be greatly appreciated :o)

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.