cathyredd

Help me design my London garden!

cathyredd
9 years ago
We are looking to redesign some of our garden; the back of it has always had dead space (particularly under the fir tree) and we feel it could be better used. Also we now have 2 boys; a 2 year old and a baby - this means we just don't have much time for gardening and that we want to make it safer and more usable for them (while keeping it saleable).

We are thinking of building a garden room at the back left - removing the shed that is there and building a garden room from the back wall to the olive tree, side on to the house, with a decked area of some sort at the back from the garden room to the opposite wall. I'm thinking of softening this somehow with planting; not quite sure what form it should take, and also open to other ideas entirely!

Other things on our radar are; making the pond safe (urgently), perhaps changing the garden path (stepping stones?), adding a trellis on the right hand side for privacy, changing the seating near the house.

All inspiration and ideas very welcome! I can provide measurements if that helps; garden is about 6m wide, and the olive tree is about 5m from the back wall. Very much looking forward to your responses!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.