alant1000

Removing an internal door

alant1000
9 years ago
Hi, I have ordered a new internal door which hasn't yet arrived as I wanted to have a glass door to let lots of light into the room, however I have now taken off the old door whilst awaiting the new one, and the room looks bigger without it. I'm now thinking of removing the door frame and having it open. It's between the lounge and kitchen.

I remember the surveyor commenting on the house when I bought it, as another internal door had been removed by the sellers and I was told it represented a fire hazard.

Am I right in assuming I can just go ahead and remove an internal door and it's not going to cause problems when selling further down the line, provided of course it's disguised by fully removing the door frame?

Has anyone else removed internal doors to create more light and space and did it work for you? Pics below.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.