mushti2112

Need design advice - awkward lounge!!!

mushti2112
9 years ago
The lounge of our house is very awkward - it is 3.3m wide and 4.4m long, slightly wider at one end and has no windows along its length.

The entrance from the hallway is via a doorway at one end (Wall 1 - 4.4m). On the perpendicular adjoining wall to the hallway entrance (Wall 2 - 3.3m) are double French windows into the dining room. On the opposite wall (Wall 3 - 4.4m) is a fireplace which juts out into the room full height, and where Wall 4 would be (3.3m) it is open with a shallow step up to the kitchen/diner area.

We are at a bit of a loss as to how to arrange the furniture, we want a double seater and a love seat at a minimum to ensure we have seating for at least 4 people, an ottoman which could double as a coffee table and additional seating when required, somewhere for the TV to go where everyone can see it and a clear walkway through from the entrance door to the kitchen at the far end. We are open to having a couple of zones - one for TV and one for just sitting and relaxing if that would make the most of the space and we prefer period style furniture that is in keeping with the Victorian origins of the house.

Any ideas from anyone please?!

Floor plan attached with edits to show the changes that have been made from the original floor plan.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.