webuser_71660

Dado rail & door colours

Tani H-S
8 years ago
In the process of decorating the hallway and just finished the main walls (staircase is new and waiting to be painted and having a new carpet/runner once it's finished)

My question is should I put a dado rail up to break up the huge expanse of white and also to help stop the wall from getting dirty?

Should it be the same height as the bannister rail?

I was thinking also of painting the hall doors a pale grey and running the same colour at the bottom of the dado if we put it on. Would this look ok?

Otherwise everything is all white! I have the front door (which is white composite so can't change that), a door to the left and in front and to the right.

I tend to get scared of painting anything but white as we are selling the house next year so want to keep it easy and neutral. However it might b v boring if I leave it all white.

The floor will be a rich mid walnut gloss laminate

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.