windsormuk

Need help with the second floor plan for my barn style Newbuild

Mo
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago
We are hoping to build a light, airy, barn type house of approximately 2200 square feet. We are happy with the ground floor (see attached) which covers about 1200 square feet, but are struggling with the first floor. We have about 1000 square feet to accommodate three double bedrooms and a good size family bathroom (minimum 12' x 9'). Ideally the master bedroom would be a minimum of 17' long and 12' wide to allow a 5' walk-in wardrobe behind the kingsize bed and the two other bedrooms at least 13' wide to accommodate double bunks (sleep 4 visiting grandchildren in each room!). We don't want any en suites, preferring to use the space for larger rooms. Not sure where to site the stairs and landing. I have been playing with this, but difficult make the most of the space and light and still have an attractive, barn like exterior!! Any ideas welcome.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.