mockturtle1

Advice needed : kitchen cabinet update / painting cabinets

mockturtle1
8 years ago
Hi there!
We have a long gallery kitchen. I have recently moved the furniture around, added shelving, repainted the walls and bought this new tiled floor. I'm pleased with how it's looking...
...however, I hate the orangey tinge of our dated cabinets. I have gotten a couple of quotes from professional kitchen renovators (ranging from £500-£1000) but having spent a fortune on the floor, we are going to have to do this ourselves.

I would love white cabinets. However, in the future I would like subway white tiles, so I guess it might be worth thinking about a light grey or another colour instead? Or should I just go for white? I love the scandi/bright/white style of decorating.

As you can see, one half of the kitchen is rather dark, and the other half (the extension) is lovely and bright. So trying to make the kitchen look airy and bright is a priority for us.

Any advice would be warmly welcomed. I would love colour ideas. Inspiration. Advice on brands of paint, and techniques too.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any advice you can give us.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.