oddjob99

Bungalow extension - call for ideas

oddjob99
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello all,

Some ideas for how to configure rooms would be great,
and any thoughts on appearance at the front would be great.

We are buying a bungalow (for the garden!) and would like to extend out the back / to the side where the car port is / upstairs. All 3 if we can but depending on price we will have to prioritise. It is a low pitched roof but we can raise it slightly and get some bedrooms up there. It is on a cul-de-sac of bungalows so cant make into a house we doubt.

Things we want to try and have in....

Extending at the back and maybe removing bed 3 will give us a really nice open plan living / dinning / kitchen space.

Downstars toilet, utility room.(probably in the side extension?)

I am an artist and would love a work room with lots of light (maybe the side extension with window to front and ceiling windows?)

At the moment it is a narrow hallway, I would like to open up the hallway somehow.

Playroom downstairs / maybe double as spare bedroom??

Upstairs - family bathroom, 3 beds if poss.

LOVE idea of a Mezzanine floor somewhere!

South West facing long rear garden. Good views all round.

Like render but probably works out too costly and the bricks are good condition. Like wood if not loads of maintenance.

Want to update the front somehow.

Reduce size of garage at the back - not sure of implications with this and resale.

Thanks All!!!

see attached photos.

we really like this kind of thing...

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.