crowningfashion

Front door & porch help needed!!

crowningfashion
8 years ago

Hello,

I'm needing help with my front door and porch to my 80's house. It is solid wood. Do you think we should hand strip it and oil it or paint it? I fancy painting it as it is the easiest option but I have heard that painted front doors chip easily. We have to give the door a jolly hard tug to close it so I am apprehensive about painting.

Any and all ideas welcome as we really would like to have the wow factor. We have the budget to replace fittings including the light but not the door (hubby loves, I hate.) If everyone thinks the door should go I may be able to change the door in a few months after hubby has been persuaded (I would love to have a super modern door though with opaque glass!) The window to the right is for the cloakroom and the house is 80's style. Inside the house is modern with a hint of vintage via our furniture. Another problem is the front door is on the side of the house so I have to park my car directly in front of it. I really need help on creating the wow factor! Thanks for helping.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.