suziemcm

New roof - conflicting quotes

suziemcm
8 years ago
We live in a 1970s chalet style house and are looking to replace the original roof. At the same time we want to add insulation as I think we lose a lot of heat through the roof.
The quotes we have received offer a couple of different options and I am keen to hear what people think or any experience of the products suggested.
Our roof has a pitch of approximately 13 degrees and have been told that limits what we can use to the Redland Regent tile. We also have been quoted for using the Marley Wessex tile but I think it can only be used down to 15 degrees?
Insulation suggested includes TLX Gold, Tyrec (unsure if it has any insulating properties) and 50 mm insulation fitted internally. Has anyone experience of any of these products?
Any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated as it is proving to be an expensive decision!

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.