lizgunn

Our big victorian hallway

Elizabeth
8 years ago
Hello,
We have moved into a beautiful, big Victorian house and are in the process of decorating. I really need some advice on what to do with our hall. At the moment it's looking very eighties - dark red carpet, ,metallic swirly wallpaper - all very dated and worn. I'd like to get our hall floor sanded (it's got beautiful, wide floorboards which run horizontally) and put a centre carpet runner up the stairs. Ideally I'd like the walls painted a neutral colour - something in-keeping with the age of the property that makes the most of what little natural light the space gets. Can you help suggest a suitable colour. The room adjacent has just been painted F&B plummet so ideally we need a colour that works well with this. Any ideas? (The photo doesn't quite capture how big the space is - the hall is huge)

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.