lizgunn

Our big victorian hallway

Elizabeth
6 years ago
Hello,
We have moved into a beautiful, big Victorian house and are in the process of decorating. I really need some advice on what to do with our hall. At the moment it's looking very eighties - dark red carpet, ,metallic swirly wallpaper - all very dated and worn. I'd like to get our hall floor sanded (it's got beautiful, wide floorboards which run horizontally) and put a centre carpet runner up the stairs. Ideally I'd like the walls painted a neutral colour - something in-keeping with the age of the property that makes the most of what little natural light the space gets. Can you help suggest a suitable colour. The room adjacent has just been painted F&B plummet so ideally we need a colour that works well with this. Any ideas? (The photo doesn't quite capture how big the space is - the hall is huge)

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.