webuser_429788

Shall I half tile my hallway?

Kusten Vorland
8 years ago
Good Afternoon from Wales. I have to pick flooring for my hallway this weekend, we've had our hearts set on Victorian chequer tiles- red and black with a border. My front door is bright red but the Victorian red tiles I've sourced aren't bright it's more red/brown so I'm not sure it will work. I've seen fabulous photos on Houzz of stripes in hallways, horizontal paint and I'd love this but practically with 3 dogs and a family maybe we should half tile? I don't want a wooden floor, I'm tired of oak flooring! The doors off the hallway and stairs are all oak, the architrave and skirting is bullnose oak. The photo of the front door shows where my 3m oak cabinet will be placed, to the right. We like country or lodge interiors.
I'm going to surf tiles!

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.