amanda_lund3

Our new shower room

Amanda L
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We bought our period flat in January 2015 and knew at the time of purchase we had to overhaul the current shower arrangements as soon as we could; We fondly came to call it 'shower cupboard'. From the picture you will see why that was the case! A very strange arrangement indeed which meant you stepped out directly from the shower into the hall... not ideal!

We took the decision to knock through into the space that sat behind the old shower and was currently being used as a box room off the living room. This meant that we have been able to fit a double shower plus sink making it into a much more comfortable shower room.

Instead of blocking up and removing the old door frame we wanted to retain the period coving and skirting to retain some of the period charm so we decided to turn this into what is known as an 'Edinburgh Press' up here in Scotland.

I hope you like it!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.